Building Consultants, Ltd., (BCL) has evaluated the condition of hundreds of roofs of all types, including built-up roofs, single-ply roofs, metal roofs, shingled roofs, slate roofs, wood-shake roofs, etc. BCL offers complete design services for new or replacement roofs, along with bidding assistance and monitoring of the roofing contractor’s activities.
Recent roof assignments include:
- Evaluation, design, bidding and construction monitoring on the replacement of slate roofs on a hotel in the eastern US.
- Design, bidding and construction monitoring on the replacement of 500,000 SF of modified-bitumen roofing on a hotel in Florida.
- Water testing at a condominium to identify the source of a long-term leak.
- Design, bidding and construction monitoring on the replacement roof for a municipal library in the Chicago suburbs.
- Survey of the condition of the roofs at a luxury resort in the Caribbean.
- Assistance with warranty claims for a roof on a hotel in Chicago.
- Design, bidding and construction monitoring on the replacement of more than 50 individual roofs on a hotel in San Francisco.
Our past experience on a variety of roof systems, accumulated over 35 years, can mean the difference for you on your next commercial roofing project. Independent evaluation, design and monitoring by a licensed professional engineer will help ensure the optimum use of your resources to solve your roof problems.