Building Consultants, Ltd., (BCL) has evaluated the condition of hundreds of roofs of all types, including built-up and modified bitumen roofs, single-ply PVC, TPO, and EPDM roofs, metal roofs, shingled roofs, slate roofs, tile roofs, wood shake roofs, etc. BCL offers complete design services for new or replacement roofs, along with bidding assistance and monitoring of roofing contractor activities.
Recent roof assignments include:
- Evaluation, design, bidding, and construction monitoring of the replacement of slate roofs on a hotel in the eastern US
- Design, bidding, and construction monitoring of the replacement of 500,000 SF of modified bitumen roofing on a hotel in Florida
- Water testing at a small condominium building to identify the source of a long-term leak
- Design, bidding, and construction monitoring on the replacement roof for a municipal library in the Chicago suburbs
- Survey of the condition of the roofs at a luxury resort in the Caribbean
- Assistance with warranty claims for a roof on a hotel in Buffalo following a failure during a windstorm
- Design, bidding, and construction monitoring of the replacement of more than 50 individual roofs on a hotel in San Francisco
Our past experience on a variety of roof systems, accumulated over 40 years, can mean the difference for you on your next commercial roofing project. Independent evaluation, design and monitoring by a licensed professional engineer will help ensure the optimum use of your resources to solve your roof problems.