Building Consultants, Ltd., (BCL) has considerable experience in the evaluation of the condition of existing structural members and design of repairs to distressed or deteriorated buildings or other structures. From structures affected by earthquakes, fires, and overloads to facilities where maintenance has been postponed, BCL can assess the condition of structural members utilizing visual observation, nondestructive site tests, and laboratory tests on specimens removed from inconspicuous locations.
Recent BCL structural engineering assignments include:
- City of Chicago Ongoing Inspections and Critical Examinations on numerous hotels and office buildings
- City of New York Local Law 11 Inspections on various hotels
- Evaluation of structural damage and design of repairs at a parking structure in Baltimore
- Evaluation, design, bidding, and construction monitoring during repairs to exterior walls and balconies on two 40-story hotel towers in Hawaii
- State of Florida balcony handrail inspections at numerous hotels and time-share properties
With more than 40 years of involvement in structural engineering, we have accumulated experience on a variety of structures and building materials and are ready to put that experience to work on your project.